felicitysmith39

She reads, she watches and sometimes she goes outside

I read as often as I can. I watch a lot of movies and I love to walk and cycle. Most of my reading is fluff for relaxation.

The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?
Rick Warren
15th Affair
Maxine Paetro, James Patterson
Love on the Range: A Looking Glass Lake Prequel (Looking Glass Lake Series Book 0)
Rebecca Nightsong
Robot Coconut Trees: Break Through Writer's Block, Unleash Your Creative Voice, and Become the Writer You Already Are
Kelsey Horton
Tim Bishop;Debbie Bishop
The Misinterpretation of Tara Jupp
Eva Rice

It's Got to Be Perfect: the memoirs of a modern-day matchmaker

It's Got to Be Perfect: the memoirs of a modern-day matchmaker - Haley Hill I received this book as a gift and felt it was very well written.

If you are a fan of British based chick lit then you are in for a lovely surprise, it's a great example of how this genre has matured. It is a vivid portrayal without too much cheesy jokes about matchmaking.

The characters are well crafted, the main character is likeable and no where near as ditsy as I expected from the first chapter (which almost turned me off five pages in - very glad I persevered) Definitely more than two dimensional cliches. I felt the style is light and humorous throughout which makes it an easy read. I enjoyed the slighter faster than usual pacing, it moves from one point in time to four years ahead which gives the story a nice reflective quality.

Nothing too surprising in the end but that is not a bad thing - sometimes you want a nice bit of cake instead of salad as a treat :)