felicitysmith39

She reads, she watches and sometimes she goes outside

I read as often as I can. I watch a lot of movies and I love to walk and cycle. Most of my reading is fluff for relaxation.

The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?
Rick Warren
15th Affair
Maxine Paetro, James Patterson
Love on the Range: A Looking Glass Lake Prequel (Looking Glass Lake Series Book 0)
Rebecca Nightsong
Robot Coconut Trees: Break Through Writer's Block, Unleash Your Creative Voice, and Become the Writer You Already Are
Kelsey Horton
Tim Bishop;Debbie Bishop
The Misinterpretation of Tara Jupp
Eva Rice

Me Before You

Me Before You - Jojo Moyes i guess if you stay up until 2.30am to finish it you really like a book. I felt this was well written, explored interesting ideas but for me was actually a little short (otherwise it would have been a 5 star review). I couldn't fault the language/description/story/characters on the whole.

I admit I was a little confused at the seemingly random change of first person but usually noticed we had switched pretty quickly but something that was used towards the end a lot more than in the early chapters.

I would totally recommend this book - it is interesting, lively and easy to read on a fairly tough subject. I felt the lack of maudlin and deep inward reflection was appropriate and made the story chug along a lot quicker and left you feeling the emotion as it was not spoon fed to you.

I admit the only reason I actually chose to read this was I saw a short trailer for the film and have slightly lower expectations of that so I wanted in with what I guessed would be the higher quality novel which will probably not be as detailed an exploration as the book but I hope it does it justice.